Starting off October with these PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS!!
My first blog post…SO EXCITING!!! and of course we start off with something sweet!!
I woke up this morning with some inspiration to bake! Being the start of the Jewish New Year, I wanted to bake something sweet and healthy to start off the year!
These were not only delicious, moist & sweet but guilt-free! I personally enjoyed too many pieces with a cup of coffee!! YUMMMMM
So this is how I made them…
- 10 oz Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 c Almond Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c Coconut Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil spray.
- Mix the wet ingredients all together in a big bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together very well.
- Fold in some chocolate chips into the mix. As much as you like! I added a lot because who doesn’t love chocolate chips?!?
- Pour the mix into the pan and top with some coconut shreds. Bake for ~20 minutes until golden brown.
- Once finished, make sure it is completely baked by sticking a toothpick in it and making sure nothing sticks to the toothpick.
- Let it cool.
- Once cooled, melt some dark chocolate chips and drizzle on top! (Once again, who doesn’t love some extra chocolate!)
- Finally…..ENJOY 🙂
Follow me on Instagram @ShirleerosenRDN and let me know if you try them!
Recipe inspired from: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/09/chocolate-chip-coconut-flour-pumpkin-bars/
Thank you @Ambitiouskitchen for the inspiration!